Tuesday, April 26, 2011

An Introduction of Sorts

Here starts a new endeavor and before we get started I thought an introduction of myself and the blog would be in order.

Lets start with myself.  My name is Eddie Crombie and I currently maintain the website Hooks & Irons.  Many of you may have visited and read some of my ramblings, but if you have not I would certainly encourage you to give it a once over.  I am currently a firefighter with the City of Joliet in Illinois.  It is about 45 minutes south of Chicago and we protect between 150,000 and 200,000 citizens out of 10 stations with around 200 sworn personnel.  Prior to that I volunteered and worked for Minooka Fire Protection District which is a smaller suburban department.  Overall, I have 10 years in the fire service.

Lets talk about this "Conversations" bit.  This will not replace Hooks & Irons.  I will continue to maintain that site.  Essentially I will be posting conversations I have had with various figures in the Fire Service.  My goal is for you, the reader, to get a better feel of who they are as a person and what some of their views of the Fire Service are.  I plan on posting at least once a month with a format much like my interview with Chief Peter Van Dorpe.  It is going to be a journey and exciting to see where this takes us.

What do I need from you?

  1. I would like to know of anyone you would like to see interviewed.  I am not only looking for big name authors or instructors that are nationally renowned.  If there is a special individual in your career that has a unique view let me know.
  2. Send me questions you would like to see asked.  This will me seen on a national level and the issues I have may be different from those you are experiencing.  Do not hesitate to give me some input of what you want to see.
  3. Continue to educate yourself and look for things outside your comfort zone.  Then apply them to the Fire Service.  We all need to constantly evolve to make the service as a whole better.
Well here goes nothing.  It should be a trip!

Eddie C.

No comments:

Post a Comment